For the third consecutive weekend Club Captain, Mike Eddy steered his team to a win, this time in the first round of the CTC. Drawn to play against Mullion, at Falmouth, what could have been a potential 'banana skin' for the Tehidy team turned out to be a comfortable win, with a final score of 11.25 – 1.5
The win sets up a mouth watering quarter-final clash with Trevose (22 Novemeber, venue tbc), a repeat of the 2014 final when Tehidy caused an upset to claim the Shield.
On a most beautiful October Sunday Tehidy and Mullion took to the course at Falmouth, enjoying both the sun and the spectacular views. Tehidy stamped their authority on the match in the opening two foursomes games, with wins from the Simmons brothers (5&4) and also Veale & MacGregor (7&6). Tom Rowe and Justin Barnard then provided the third point, with Alan Fieldhouse (9th man) recording a 4&3 win. It looked highly likely that the morning scoreline was going to be a whitewash, as Andrew Clotworthy & Martin Langford, who had battled back from 3 down faced an eagle putt on the Par 5, 18th from 30 feet, with two putts being sufficient to win 1 up. But alas, it was not to be as a three-putt afforded Mullion a half point on the score-board.
The afternoon singles commenced with Robert MacGregor leading out the Tehidy team, and he wasted no time in securing another big win (7&5). Tom Rowe, playing at number two in the order then matched MacGregor's score to leave Tehidy needing only another half of a point to secure victory. Justin Barnard, playing at number three duly obliged with a win on the 17th hole, which was added to with further wins from Richard Simmons, Veale, Clotworthy & Langford. The only casualty being Peter Simmons, who lost the18th hole to lose 1 down.
- Richard Simmons & Peter Simmons beat Josh Chaplin & Jamie Greet 5&4
- Ian Veale & Robert MacGregor beat Al Woodward & Chris Harris 7&6
- Tom Rowe & Justin Barnard beat Alex McHugh & Connor Davidson 3&2
- Andrew Clotworthy & Martin Langford (halved) Sam MacWilliam & Tom Julier
- Alan Fieldhouse (9th man) beat Tony Hills 4&3
- MacGregor beat Woodward 7&5
- Rowe beat McHugh 7&5
- Barnard beat Davidson 2&1
- Simmons (P) lost Greet 1 Down
- Simmons (R) beat Chaplin 2 Up
- Veale beat Harris 3&2
- Clotworthy beat Julier 5&4
- Langford beat MacWilliam 3&1