ASSISTANT GREENKEEPER-START DATE – JANUARY 2023
Tehidy Park Golf Club is a private members’ club that was formed in 1922, which currently has 650 playing members. A picturesque 18-hole, Par 71 parkland course, with panoramic views over the Cornish countryside, the course is widely regarded as one of the premier courses in Cornwall.
The position of Assistant Greenkeeper has recently become available and applications are welcome from qualified greenkeepers looking to develop their career. The day-to-day presentation of our popular course for our active membership and visitors is a key priority, along with the long-term development of the course.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual who is highly motivated and able to work on their own and as part of a team to undertake all aspects of the golf course maintenance.
Knowledge and experience desired; (the following qualifications/skills would be an
advantage but are not essential):
• NVQ level 2 or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years’ golf course experience
• PA1, PA2 AND PA6 spraying certificates
• Chainsaw licence
• Knowledge and experience in the use of specialist maintenance equipment
• Ability to produce and maintain high quality sports surfaces
• Good time keeping skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work early mornings and weekends
• A good understanding of golf, the rules of the game and golfer requirements
• Good organisational and communication skills
• Salary will be based on experience and qualifications in line with CGCS recommendations.
• Overtime paid for weekend work
• Uniform & PPE provided
• Contributory pension scheme
• BIGGA membership
• CPD support
• Use of golf course
Please apply by email (or writing) with covering letter and full CV to:
Tehidy Park Golf Club
Office: 01209 842208